Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail
Asked about the rumours linking Arsenal forward and Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor (24) with a summer move to Barcelona (read more here), Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain has confirmed in an interview with British television channel Sky Sports that the player is a candidate in case Eto'o would leave this summer:

"He is one of the biggest strikers in football. There are four or five strikers that could be at our club, and Adebayor is one of those. For us, first we have to sell a player, then we can get another one. Then we will try to get the best player that we can. We are waiting for Eto'o. If we receive a big offer for him then we can study that option."

Begiristain said that Barcelona didn't yet receive formal offers for Eto'o but that several clubs are interested in signing him: "Of course big clubs are interested. But this is not important. First he needs to have an agreement with a club. Samuel has to have an agreement, after this we will start negotiations. But first he has to be happy. If he moves, it'll be to a big club, of course. There are four or five clubs interested."

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is meanwhile quoted by British tabloid The Daily Express as saying that he has no doubts on the continuation of Adebayor: "Emmanuel is 100 per cent commited. He is looking sharp in training. Of course he will stay. I am not worried, not at all. In other positions, we are maybe one player short, but up front we don't need anybody else."


And later today Adebayor himself said to his club's official media that he intends to sign a new deal: "I can tell everyone that I will sign a contract. I have three years left on my contract and we're adding two or three years more, so I'm very happy being part of this family.

When I was holidaying there was a lot of speculation, a lot of people were talking on my behalf which is not me. I have never said I will leave the club. Now I can tell everyone that I will sign a contract. I’m feeling very good here and at the moment my heart is with Arsenal."

Read more:
Ronaldinho's transfer fee reinvested in Adebayor
Drogba, Adebayor or Berbatov
Ronaldinho's transfer fee reinvested in Adebayor
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Adebayor one of the candidates to replace Eto'o"

Post a Comment