Catalan television station TV3 claims that Chelsea forward and Ivory Coast international Didier Drogba (30) has frozen the renewal negotiations with his club because he wants to join Barcelona.The main obstacle is that Drogba cannot come to Barcelona while Samuel Eto'o is still at the club. Barcelona hasn't received offers for the Cameroonian striker and Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari wouldn't be interested in Eto'o which means a swap deal isn't an option.
Asked about his situation, Drogba nevertheless suggested yesterday to journalists in Ivory Coast that he could well stay with Chelsea this season: "I can only repeat that I'm still a Chelsea player. It's a great team with great players and a great coach. And with an ambitious president.
I don't want to talk a lot about it. I'm comfortable at Chelsea, everything's fine there. I have two years left on my contract. If my employer does not want me to leave, I will continue to be a Chelsea player. Today they've made me understand that they want me to keep on playing for the team."
Read more:
Read more:






0 Response to "Drogba wants Barcelona and stops renewal talks"