Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail
Asked about his last months in Barcelona, AC Milan playmaker and former Barcelona player Ronaldinho has said in an interview with Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport that it has been a very negative experience:

"It was the worst period of my life. I was injured, I couldn’t train, I couldn’t play. The only thing I could do was watch tv. And the more games I watched from my sofa, the sadder I became. I never stayed out of action for that long before and I didn’t know what to do.

However, my family has protected me and has given me strength. But they have also suffered because people weren't just targetting me but tried to involve my brother Roberto, who is also my agent. They accused him of causing instability and being by my side only for money reasons and so many other thing just to hurt me. But we went on together, me and my family.

There also were the allegations about my nightlife and what I don’t understand is how it's possible that one day I was an example for everyone and the other I had become like Maradona when he was at the centre of controversy. When I am on vacation I do what I want to do.


During the season, I behave like a serious professional. But when the season ends, I am a free man. You should separate the two things and not mix them up. If you want to be a good athlete, one has to enjoy life and be happy. I give all I can to be a good player but when the season is over I enjoy life.

To reach the level I have reached, and even more to stay there, I had to sacrifice many things in my life, and I still have to leave a lot to be on top. But on the other hand, there are money and success. And above all, I'm doing what I've always dreamt of. It's a job, but it's also fun. I cannot ask for more ."

Read the complete Ronaldinho transfer story from the first rumours until the official confirmation
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Ronaldinho on his last months in Barcelona"

Post a Comment