Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail

Wenger called Touré this summer

03:06 Posted by Editor
Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Arsenal (read more here), Barcelona defensive midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré (25) has said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 that he talked with Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger this summer but that he doesn't plan to leave Barcelona:

"Wenger called me this summer and both him and my brother Kolo asked me if I would want to join Arsenal, but I told them that I'm very happy in Barcelona. With Keita and Busquets there are two more players for my spot but competition is good. We have two great quality players for each position and that's a key element if you want to be the best team in the world.

We cannot play with twelve guys. Physically I'm very good but one has to accept the decions of the manager. I'm a profesional and if I don't play, I have to try and help the team. I'm patient. Now we just need to play well and with ambition because when you're putting on the Barcelona shirt you represent the greatest club in the world and you need to win every game. All the players are aware that we have to win a trophy this season to give something back to the fans."

Read more:
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Wenger called Touré this summer"

Post a Comment