Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail

Will Henry leave in January?

01:44 Posted by Editor
Asked if he could be tempted if a club like Manchester City would ask for him during the January transfer window (read more here), Barcelona forward and French international Thierry Henry (31) has said in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya RĂ dio that he hasn't plans to leave:

"At this moment I'm not yet thinking about leaving Barcelona in the winter and I think this won't change. I don't know. In life there can happen things you don't expect. I didn't think that I would leave Arsenal either and look where I am now.

Physically I'm here but I have another life too. In fact, my life is in London because that's where my daughter is. I think about her, that's normal, but it doesn't affect me. I have to do my job and I know when I have to be focused. Despite that, I don't regret my transfer and I feel very good in Barcelona. The food, the weather and the city are incredible.

I understand the criticism I'm receiving because I didn't yet won anything with Barcelona and this needs to change this season. If Arsenal would have won the Champions League in 2006, I could have decided to move one year earlier. Now I didn't arrive in Barcelona at the right time because I was injured.

Rijkaard asked me if I was able to play and I didn't want to be out for three months just after arriving. For my body, it would have been better if I would have said no since I had been out for six months. Nobody forced me to play, it was my own decision and fault because I really wanted to play.

I prefer to play as a centre forward but the coach wants me on the wing. That's it, there's no problem. I met with the coach before the season. We talked about a lot of things, but I want to keep that between us. I don't like to think about the past, the things are how they are."

Asked about a possible exit in January, Henry didn't exclude a winter transfer in an interview with French sports paper L'Equipe if his situation wouldn't change in the coming months: "We should talk about it at that time then. I had a discussion with Guardiola before the season about my position. For me, that was very clarifying and I don't want to say more about it. This is what made me stay in Barcelona this summer despite having received several offers from the English Premier League. But I don't regret having stayed."

Catalan sports weekly paper Gol meanwhile claims that Henry has asked his agent to be alert in the coming months. The Frenchman wouldn't mind a quick exit because several of his sponsors have warned him that they won't accept another season like the previous one because of the further negative impact on his popularity. Henry would therefore be open to the possibility of entering in a players' exchange or a transfer to England or the United States.

Barcelona would have already been trying to sell Henry this summer but the operation was then blocked by new Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola.

Read more:
Manchester City will come after Henry in January
Barcelona would consider offer for Henry
Manchester United considering Henry bid
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Will Henry leave in January?"

Post a Comment