Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail
Asked about the rumoured renewal of the contract of Barcelona defensive midfielder Sergio Busquets (20) (read more here), the player's agent Josep Maria Orobitg has said in an interview with Catalan radio station COM Ràdio that he expects a deal can be found soon:

"I'm sure we'll reach an agreement because the player is happy in Barcelona and isn't thinking about an exit. I'm waiting for the Barcelona officials to return from Argentina so we can start talking. If everything develops normally, the renewal could be announced soon.

It's true that three or four clubs have asked for him. One of them is a European top club. But he'll only leave Barcelona if the financial difference between offer and demand is very, very big. I repeat that I'm convinced that he will stay, also because his whole family lives here. The interested clubs are aware that it won't be possible to sign him if everything goes like planned."

Madrid sports tabloid Marca claims that Italian club AC Milan is one of the clubs that have asked the agent for the situation of Busquets, whose contract expires next summer. Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain would meet with Orobitg this week (read more here).

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Valencia, Chelsea, Manchester United and AC Milan have contacted Busquets' agent to ask him about a possible transfer. Busquets nevertheless wishes to renew and the club will offer Busquets a contract extension until 2014, with his salary depending on his performances.

Asked about what would happen if Real Madrid would want to sign him, former Barcelona goalkeeper Carles Busquets, the father of the player, said in an interview with Madrid sports tabloid As that Barcelona is the first option of his son: "You can never say never but Segio is a true culé and his dream since he was a child has always been to play for Barcelona.

Although he's playing well for many years, I didn't see all this coming. I'm very proud, I hope he'll get rewarded for his work. If possible, I give him some advice, but not a lot. He has always been very mature and he has clear ideas about everything. He has worked hard to get there.

I never got the chance to see him as a goalkeeper because he always wanted to score goals! As a child, he was a striker, later on he moved to midfield. In the world of football, it's hard to predict if one will get far or not. He should be aware that he's just starting. He still has a long way to go, but if you work hard, everything is possible."

Read more:
Busquets wants to renew as soon as possible
First international call-up for Busquets
Busquets will be offered to renew until 2014
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Busquets wants to renew despite Milan interest"

Post a Comment