Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail
Asked about his future and the rumours linking him with a return to Lyon (read more here), Barcelona left back defender and French international Eric Abidal (29) has said in an interview with French newspaper Le Parisien that he wants to stay for the next two years with Barcelona:

"I could well finish my career when my contract with Barcelona expires in 2011. Every player is different. Nedved is still playing at the age of 36, while Sagnol has just stopped at the age of 31.


As far as I’m concerned, I feel that my body is not responding as it used to, despite the quality of Barcelona’s medical staff. So to stop in 2011 is an option, but at the same time and being a competitor, I know that I will have the desire to keep on playing. We will see when the time is there.

Returning to Lyon in a swap deal with Benzema? I’m not a piece of meat, nor small change. I understand that Barça is interested in 'Coco' (Benzema's nickname), and they are right to be, but I won’t be part of the deal. I don’t wish to leave Barcelona in the next two years.

I actually don't know if it would be such a good idea for Benzema to join Barcelona. He will be great next season but he needs to play. While, at Barça, it's probably harder to do that because of the competition. Where do you want to put him? On Eto'o's position? The same goes for Franck Ribéry. Barça wants him, but he won't play instead of Henry. And I don't see Henry leaving one year before the World Cup."


Read more:
Lyon wants to resign Abidal next summer
Barcelona will sign left back next summer
Cash plus Abidal bid for Benzema on the table
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Abidal doesn't want to be part of Benzema deal"

Post a Comment