Asked about the rumours linking him with several European top clubs, among which Barcelona (read more here), Olympique Lyon forward and French international Karim Benzema (21) has said in an interview with French sports paper Aujourd'hui Sport that he could well stay another year with Lyon:"I'll wait to see how we will do in the Champions League before I make a decision. I feel good at Lyon so I don't know if I will leave. I actually think I will stay one more year at Lyon. Although I will leave some day. One has to leave France to reach a higher level. And that's my goal. So one day I will play abroad.
Lyon is a big cub but there are others. I want to win a lot of titles, a World Cup, a European championship, and so on. I want to build a legacy. And I would like to win the Ballon d'Or. I will work very hard, I will go beyond my limits trying to hold that trophy one day.
Meanwhile, I really would like to win the Champions League with Lyon. And why not this year? At this moment, Barcelona is the best club in Europe. All those who play against them, lose with four goals. But they can have a bad moment, why not against us? We will have to attack. If you only defend against them, you take eight goals. The teams who play with everyone at the back, get three goals in five minutes. That's stupid."
Read more:
Cash plus Abidal bid for Benzema on the table
Lyon wants to resign Abidal next summer
Barcelona working on Benzema transfer






0 Response to "Benzema could stay one more year at Lyon"