Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail
Asked about the renewal of his contract that expires in 2010 (read more here), Barcelona goalkeeper Víctor Valdés (27) has said at a press conference that he doesn't know what the intention of the club is:

"There has been some talking about my renewal but I hear these things through the media. Until now, nobody from the club has contacted me.

I've said before that I will have to assess my future and that the club know what they should do. I will leave it there. I only know that I have a contract until 2010 and that I'm a professional. I owe my club a lot and I've always been very proud to play at Barça. The only thing I can do is to keep on working with my team-mates like I've always done."

Catalan sports paper Sport meanwhile claims that Barcelona plans to buy Real Valladolid goalkeeper and Spanish youth international Sergio Asenjo (19) if the renewal talks with Valdés wouldn't lead to an agreement between the two parties. In that case, Asenjo would be loaned back to Valladolid until the summer of 2010.


Read more:
Barcelona working on Valdes renewal
Valdes: "I like the quietness of the countryside"
Negotiations with Puyol, Valdés and Eto'o to start
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Valdes unaware of the club's renewal plans"

Post a Comment