Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Arsenal where he could join his older brother Kolo (read more here), Barcelona defensive midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré (25) has said in an interview with British sports site Setanta that he wants to stay at Barcelona:"Two or three years ago I had the opportunity to move there. But at present time my target is to carry on progressing here. To me, it is the main thing.
At present time I think that Barcelona is a bigger club than Arsenal. Everybody knows that it is one of the greatest clubs on the planet. The beautiful game is ours, it is part of our tradition, but Arsenal are also a top club. At the end of the day, my objective has always been playing for a top club, and it is still the case.
Him linking up with me down here would be absolutely perfect. In life, you never know what is going to happen or what the future holds for you. As far as I am concerned, I had no idea that I was going to sign with Barcelona one day. He experienced difficult moments this season, but Kolo is an intelligent boy who thinks a lot.
He is a very courageous person who can cope with difficulties. I do not know what did happen. Sometimes you go through hard moments, you and the coach are not on the same wavelength, but it is part of the game and at the end of the day, if you work hard it always pays off."
Read more:
Henry, Eto'o, Toure and Keita are for sale
Several clubs preparing bid for Barcelona players
Manchester City prepares summer bid for Toure






0 Response to "Toure doesn't want to leave Barcelona"