Barcelona player Seydou Keita gave an interiew to Catalan sports paper Sport.Your first season at Barcelona has been excellent. Winning the Champions League would be the cherry on the cake?
Yes, but it would also be the result of hard work, because I've worked hard to arrive here and I had to adapt to everything. It has been difficult, but now I'm very happy.
You believe you will play in the final?
Yes, of course. We all want to play these games, because they are the most beautiful ones. Whoever will play, he will give everything for the team and that's the merit of the coach. We're a block and we all want to play. I don't care where I would play. Even if the goalkeeper would be sent off and the coach asks it, I will play as goalkeeper... Or as forward. The only thing that matters is winning.
You don't mind the position, so could you play as left back?
Well... I can play as defensive or attacking midfielder, or more on the wing, but I don't see myself as a left back. I would have to adapt and in a final you should try not to change too many things.
You've never played there?
No, never, never... Never at all. Not at Sevilla and not at Lens. During a game, when somebody is sent off or something, you of course sometimes have to play another position because there can be changes and you want to win the game no matter what... Like I told you, I would act as goalkeeper or whatever. But not from the start. I can play as defensive or attacking mdfielder or even a little higher, but not as left back and the coach knows all about it.
You think the team can overcome the absence of Alves and Abidal?
I'm sure the coach is looking at all options and he will decide what is best for the team. We'll miss the two first-choice full backs, but the group is more important than the individuals. There have been a lot of injuries this season, we've all played and we've overcome all problems. We're a team. If Eric and Dani aren't there, those who will play will do as well as them and will help the team winning the final.
What do you know about Henry and Iniesta?
They're working very hard and hopefully they will recover so they can help the team. Andrés and Titi are great players, but Manchester knows that the Barça block will be as solid without them. If they cannot play, others will and if we win they will be happy. Without both of them, Barça played a great game in the final of the Copa last week.
You will be able to read the second part of this interview in the coming days, with Keita talking -among other things- about his adaptation to his new club.
Read more:
Henry, Eto'o, Toure and Keita are for sale
Barcelona and the U-20 World Cup
Keita: "I like to watch documentaries late at night"






0 Response to "Keita: "I cannot start a final as left back""