Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail
Asked about the rumours linking Porto central defender and Portuguese international Bruno Alves (27) with a move to Barcelona (read more here), Porto general director Antero Henrique has denied talks in an interview with Portuguese sports paper O Jogo:

"We are not negotiating with any club because of the simple fact that we didn't receive any offer, we weren't contact and nobody has asked for him. There is nothing going on with Bruno Alves, that's why we don't understand the reports that are talking about negotiations between Porto and Barcelona.


A player like Bruno Alves doesn't have a price. What we have is a buyout clause and that's 30 million euro°. Porto is the home of Bruno Alves, where he feels good and where he's loved. The president has always supported him and didn't want to sell him even when he wasn't part of the first squad. But of course the wish of Porto cannot be disconnected from the wish of the player."

Portuguese sports paper A Bola nevertheless claims that Bruno Alves will almost certainly join Barcelona this summer. Although the clubs haven't officially admitted that negotiations are ongoing, a deal would be close.

Asked about his future, Bruno Alves told journalists yesterday that he's waiting to see what could happen: "Nothing has been decided yet. We will see what will happen. I'm happy at Porto. I had a very good season but all players always look for more and better. And I'm not different than the others. I believe in my qualities but I will let things happen in a natural way. I'm not saying that I'm dissatisfied at Porto. The opposite is true. Porto has given me everything and I'm very thankful. If it's good for the club and everyone involved, we will let things happen."

Read more:
Deal on Bruno Alves very close
Possible pre-agreement with Bruno Alves
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 Response to "Porto denies talks with Barcelona on Bruno Alves"

  1. TengkuAmir10 Said,

    i think by bruno's face.i think he thinks this ball is yummy.like,oooooh i want to have u for meal.look at his face man!!hillarious

    Posted on 12 June 2009 at 08:03

     

Post a Comment