Asked about the rumours linking Liverpool defensive midfielder and Argentine international Javier Mascherano (25) with a move to Barcelona (read more here), the player's agent Walter Tamer invited Barcelona to make a bid in an interview with Argentinian news site Infobae:"The only truth is that Barcelona didn't yet make any concrete offer. It looks like it was all just speculation so far. I don't think money could be the problem. Until there's no concrete offer, there won't be any progress because Liverpool, that doesn't seem willing to sell, is not given the chance to say what they ask for the player.
Barcelona would be the easiest deal to set up given the fact that Javier wants to go to Spain. He is tired of life in England, mainly because of the situation of his wife, who has never been given a permanent visa, which makes travelling a real problem. Messi has made publicly clear that he wants Mascherano to join him, he can't do more than that. Now it looks like he will be the only Argentinian in Barcelona, since Milito is staying in Argentina because of his injury."
Read more:
Barcelona to move again for Mascherano
Poulsen alternative for Mascherano






Je me'appelle Samuel Said,
Can't this guy see we are busy. We will make a bid once we know how much Eto'o is going to cost us. Exit Fee, Transfer Fee, Bonus Fee. Could this situation drag out any longer :(
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:18
Noubarca Said,
Blame Eto..lol...
on a more serious note, If we really want him, at least make a bid
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:18
Je me'appelle Samuel Said,
BREAKING NEWS...Eto'o accepts 2 year extension
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:20
skanjos Said,
a midfielder is our next target,i doupt we will have the money for a player of mascherano quality thought,i think we will settle with poulsen in the end ,i think since guddy will stay he/poulsen/busquets/xavi/iniesta are enough midfielders even for the copa africa stage.also marquez is a great dm .we dont have to overspend for a midfielder this year.next year i think it will be our priority
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:22
Sandvik Said,
IF we don't but a left winger, Iniesta will be the replacement for Henry (or a Barca Atletic), but I rather see Iniesta in the midfield
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:29
Marws Said,
I say eighter do it good this year, or buy Cesc next year. If we buy Masch now we might not have the option of buying Cesc next year, unless if some midfielders leave.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:29
Ramzi Said,
If REAL mADRID signs Xabi, Masche will never sign for Barcelona.
If Barcelona signs Masche, Real Madrid will not be able to get Xabi.
The FIRST option sounds more likely happening.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:29
Andres Said,
Je me'appelle Samuel should be banned from this blog, it is not funny btw...
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:30
Je me'appelle Samuel Said,
just kidding eto'o did not accept the 2 year extension I am just bored
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:30
Sandvik Said,
daily mail reports that city and chelsea are reviving their bid for Xabi.
seems even more unlikely that Masch will leave, especially if City goes in.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:34
Anonymous Said,
I agree with marws
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:34
Don Luis Said,
Iniesta for left wing? No!!!
Xavi and Iniesta in the mid. Enuff said.
But Macherano would be a great signing, he is better then Toure.
But i dont see it happening soon. Atletico and Valencia has expressed interest in Mascherano
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:37
Anonymous Said,
lol everyone is spreading rumor these days.eto'o is center of attraction.honestly eto'o related news should be banned from this site.i am really bored of this guy.we are crying for him and now he is visiting eiffel tower with his family
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:37
Anonymous Said,
lol valencia is in 500 m debt.they can't even get poulsen for 3 mil euro let alone mash.can't stop laughing when you guys talk valencia express interest in this and that player.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:39
silva Said,
i agree valencia is a club of beggars.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:40
Xaviniesta Said,
inter is also interested in xabi alonso. they could get him with the money from ibra so then madrid wont get their clutches on the guy and meanwhile we sign up masch, perfect! in my dreams at least lol. we're probably broke after getting ibra.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:43
Sandvik Said,
If inter sign masch, they will have done it very good in the transfer window
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 00:52
Anonymous Said,
Inter won't sign Masch: they've got cambiasso, motta, zanetti & still even vieira for DM. Mou isn't the most attacking coach, but even this would be too much for him.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 01:03
Don Luis Said,
Inter will try to sign VDV or Sneijder. They need a creative mid like either of them.
I rule put xabi for inter
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 01:03
buj Said,
I 'm with Ramzi on the Masch deal but I'm more of the opinion IF and WHEN Barca makes any bid it will be to foil R Madrid's bid for Alonso, while in truth it was just to drag the nego til end of August when the transfer season closes. I doubt we have enough funds for a player that Benitez steadfastly insist an integral part of L'pool. Unlike a CF, which we badly need, we have alot of options for DM.
I guess in some parts we did succeed in preventing Valencia from acquiring Villa when we made it known we too were making a bid for him, thus inflating his price, off-putting R Madrid. Yes, I know it was before we made the bid but the intention itself is enough for Llorente to see euro signs trying to cash in on free spending Madrid.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 01:28
buj Said,
Correction
"preventing RM from acquiring Villa"
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 01:29
Anonymous Said,
Forget this guy . He is way overrated . He is nothing but a glorified " butcher " !!
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 03:10
koko=barca Said,
You are right Anon. We don't need this guy. We have the guys for dirty work, which in Spain is not that dirty. I repeat, we need replacement for Iniesta/Xavi and I am sure Masch wouldn't like to play as a back-up for YAYA. What is the point of buying him. It is not the ACN. It is only a month. What about the rest
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 04:53
Marc4barca Said,
i think we should raid real madrid's bid for xabi alonso instead cause he can back up both xavi/iniesta and toure and liverpool seem to be breaking as their are lowering their price i think a 30mil would get xabi alonso if barca are willing to pay that much or 20 and gudi and caceres for pulsen, midfield solved.
Posted on 22 July 2009 at 07:26