Catalan sports paper Sport claims that Barcelona will launch a new transfer offensive next week.Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola and Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain would have met at the start of the US tour to discuss the planning for the rest of the transfer window.
After a few days of further analysis, Barcelona would in the coming days again pick up some negotiations, trying to bring in a central defender, a midfielder or a left winger. It is expected that a new transfer could be announced before the team will travel back to Barcelona, most probably on Friday.
Read more:
Looking forward to the last transfer window month
Mascherano or Cesc
Signing a left winger almost excluded






MLS 4 LIfe Said,
Get ready for a shocker, Barcelona signs Beckham on loan, did you see that free kick? And besides Beckham only wants to try and make the England World Cup team and then he'll return to the Galaxy. You can bet he's still angry at Madrid for letting him go. You heard it here first, Beckham to FC Barcelona
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 20:43
Madrid Said,
MLS 4 Life, you're crazy, they're going to sign some Real Madrid player cheaply, heck they may get 3 or 4 guys like Rodden, Van Nisteroy and the other Dutch guys for $5million total and then Madrid can get Alonso from Liverpool. Barca has always dominated with Dutch guys on the team
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 20:45
Forza Italia Said,
Stop speculating, that's why transfer fees go so high. I bet it'll probably be from the Italian league, as it seems they're the only ones that seem to want to deal with us.
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 20:47
Anonymous Said,
I heard Barcelona is going after MLS players. They come cheaply. They can get Freddy Lundberg, Landon Donovan, and Beckham all in one swap since Major League Soccer owns the rights to them all.
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 20:51
Ha Said,
Raul you can be our waterboy.
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 20:55
Raul Said,
Hey, I want to play for Barcelona.
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 20:55
Anonymous Said,
I bet Barcelona signs Freddy Adu
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 20:58
Søren Mortensen Said,
"Barcelona manager Josep Barcelona and Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain" Josep Barcelona, really...??
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 21:30
Anonymous Said,
Pep has become mr. Barcelona now.
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 22:47
Anonymous Said,
Pep changed his name after the Treble.
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 22:48
pep Said,
By the way, the man on the right is Raúl Sanllehí. First photo evidence that he really exists.
Posted on 2 August 2009 at 23:57
Anonymous Said,
Who is Raul Sanllehi??
Posted on 3 August 2009 at 00:06
groga Said,
Our transfer guy, together with Txiki
Great pic... :) Busy with new transfer negotiations.
Posted on 3 August 2009 at 01:07
Anonymous Said,
Mata , Di Maria anyone ?
Posted on 3 August 2009 at 02:28
Anonymous Said,
MLS 4life ur rite i think beckham wants 2 cme 2 barca but if pep is interested he can cme dd u c when baeckham was substituted he went nd talked 2 pep nd he also thanked him fr the game nd i dont think he wants 2 go on loan coz he wants 2 be with the national team i think he wants 2 go out on loan coz of the way the people in america r treating him!
Posted on 3 August 2009 at 04:19
barca nike Said,
He went to Pep to congradulate him for the treble
Posted on 3 August 2009 at 04:26
Anonymous Said,
Ha ha ha, I can't see Beckham coming to Barca. He'll either stick it out with LA or he'll go to Milan permanently. I'm as amazed as anyone at how little age has slowed him down, but I don't think he'd be the right choice anyway.
I'd be slightly less surprised if they tried to get Landon Donovan on loan...after all, if Gudjohnsen leaves, he could fulfill a similar striker/attacking midfielder role. Not a starter, but Pep is likely to rotate even more than last year.
Posted on 3 August 2009 at 05:41