Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail
Barcelona forward and Cameroonian international Samuel Eto'o (27), who can leave the club this summer and has the permission from Barcelona to talk with other clubs, reported back for training yesterday (read more here).

During a meeting between Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain, Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola and Eto'o, the player was personally informed about the intention of the club to let him go this summer.

Eto'o received the official authorization to start negotiating with interested clubs. Until he has found a new club, he will be able to participate in the first team training sessions.

Barcelona officials had this week been repeating the message that the club doesn't count on Eto'o for next season. Barcelona president said Monday to Catalan radio station Catalunya RĂ dio: "Guardiola has already said it: if Eto'o can find a new challenge at another club, the better. We nevertheles didn't receive a serious offer. If he stays, we'll try to get him back for the team."

On Wednesday, Laporta said at a press conference that he wants Eto'o to leave through the front door: "When Eto'o returns we'll discuss together which options there are for him to leave. We have a very good personal and professional relationship with Eto'o and his agent. We'll do what's best for the club and for the player. I want him to leave with all honours, just like Ronaldinho did."

Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain said at a press conference on Wednesday that the club won't buy another forward before Eto'o leaves: "His exit is a condition for the transfer of another striker. We wouldn't like to have four centre forwards in the squad. A lot of clubs have shown interest in Eto'o, but none of them have made a concrete offer so far. We hope he'll find a deal with a club he likes and then we'll negociate with that club."

Eto'o was last week in the United States, where he repeated at a press gathering and in an interview with American press agency Associated Press that he is calm about the whole situation because he has still a contract until 2010.

Read more:
Eto'o will leave
First day for Eto'o, Alves and Keita
Why was Eto'o yesterday in Uzbekistan?
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Eto'o personally informed about exit plans"

Post a Comment