Asked about the fact that he's not one of the seven B players who will take part in the pre-season og the first team (read more here), Barcelona B left wing attacker and Israeli international Gai Assulin (17) has said to journalists in Israel that he had wanted to be part of that group: "I won't deny that I am disappointed, but Guardiola is the coach who knows me best, so if he thinks it's too early then I have to respect that. Despite my disappointment, I will start the pre-season with the B team with a lot of motivation."
Confronted with the statements of the player, Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola suggested today at a press conference that he thought it was still a little too early to promote Gai: "I had to make a decision and I have selected those players of whom I thought that it was the right moment to take them with me."
Read more:
Barça B: Gai feels ready for first team
Seven B players will start season with first team
How things stand: Wing attackers






0 Response to "Gai disappointed about missing promotion"