When Gudjohnsen scored the 3-2 on Wednesday, Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o shot off the bench trying to hug his manager (see the images here, around 1:30). Both protagonists have meanwhile commented the event at press conferences.Guardiola, who also had a coach-hugging moment during the 2000 European championships in Belgium and the Netherlands (see the video where you have the end of the hug here), said that he was just surprised: "The truth is that I saw someone push me from behind and I looked at that person with total surprise. I didn't feel the need to hug him. It surprised me because I didn't expect it. I was just thinking about the ten minutes we still had to play."
Eto'o said he was just acting in a flow of happiness: "It surprised him a lot. When there's a goal, you don't plan what you do, you go out there to celebrate and that's it. When you're on the pitch, you suffer less than on the bench. I was suffering a lot on the bench.
Guddy scored and I jumped and pushed the coach. He stood there like asking 'what's happening?', but that's just the moment, nothing more. I want to stress again that my relationship with the coach is good despite what happened this summer. How wouldn't we connect very well? People tend to behave well, it's a natural thing. I have always been motivated."
See three more pictures here, here and here
Said all this, Guardiola is nevertheless planning some costume retouches:






0 Response to "Guardiola and Eto'o about 'The Hug'"